Thursday, October 22, 2015

Apollo and Artemis-The Twin Gods!!!

Apollo and Artemis, the twin archers, sun and moon, children of Zeus and Leto. Poor Leto had to search for a place to give birth, and finally she found one. Why did she have to search? Hera, Zeus’s husband, got mad, and made no place on earth let Leto give birth. The small island of Delos, wasn’t fully connected to the earth yet, so that is where Apollo and Artemis were born.
Apollo is the god of prophecy, sun, music, medicine, truth, and poetry. He is an excellent archer, like his sister. Artemis is the goddess of the hunt. She is deadly with an arrow. If you become one of her hunters, you become immortal, as long as you do not die in battle, but you have to never get married, like Artemis. These are the children of Leto and Zeus, moon and sun, the twin archers, Artemis and Apollo. What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your article! I like Artemis and Apollo in different ways. I like Artemis because she's good with a bow and arrow and I think that's cool. I like Apollo because he's likes to joke around and have fun like me. I really like your pictures and your first one is really pretty. I think that your article is good but I would explain who Leto was because some people might not know. Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leto is the daughter of the Titans Pheobe, and Coeus. Her birthplace is Kos, which is an island.

    ReplyDelete