Friday, October 23, 2015

Aphrodite the Goddess of love


The Greek Gods   have many different qualities. For example Athena is the goddess of wisdom and is very powerful, or Hera the goddess of marriage and families, and even Zeus the god of the sky and the ruler of the other lesser gods. But my personal favorite is Aphrodite the goddess of love and beauty. Because of her beauty, other gods feared that their rivalry over her would interrupt the peace among them and lead to war, so Zeus married her to Hephaestus, who, because of his ugliness and deformity, was not seen as a threat. Aphrodite had many lovers, such as Ares. Many lesser beings were said to be children of Aphrodite. Who is your favorite  Goddess/God?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite goddess is probably Athena because she is very smart and her symbol is the owl. I think it would be very cool to live in the time of the Greeks because the Greek Olympic Games sound very intriguing and interesting to watch. I have watched a little bit of our own Olympic games, but I have never seen a chariot race. That's something I will have to put on my bucket list! I challenge other readers to to state their favorite goddess and look up more information and legends surrounding that goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like Athena, because she is the goddess of wisdom and war. I love owls, and those are one of her symbols, along with the olive tree. She was born from Zeus's head, when Hephaestus split it open. He split it open, because Zeus was getting awful headaches, so he thought that would help. What do you think of Athena?

    ReplyDelete