Thursday, October 22, 2015

ATHENA THE BEST GODDESS EVER!!!!!




If I had to pick my favorite goddess I would pick Athena because she is smart and brave like me. Athena is the goddess of wisdom and crafts. Her symbols are owls, olive trees,snakes, Aegis, armor, spears, helmets, and Gorgoneion. She is also the goddess of Athens.  Athena was born from Zeus’s head. This happened when Zeus was married to Metis the daughter of Ocean.  He swallowed Metis when he heard from the earth that he would have a son with her and he would overthrow him. After he swallowed Metis he had a splitting headache so he called Hephaestus. Hephaestus cut his head open with an ax and Athena popped out fully armed. Athena is clever and cool.  It would be awesome if I could meet her. What is your favorite god or goddess and why?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite God is Hades. He is the god of the underworld and wealth. He has a three-headed dog named Cerberus. I love Athena too. I wish I could meet the gods and goddesses too. I didn't know Athena was the god of wisdom though. I like how Athena is wise, but still has symbols like the snake and spears. It is very different and it shows how unique she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on what you said your favorite goddess is! My two favorite goddesses are Aphrodite and, like you said, Athena. A couple things I like about Athena are that she is the goddess of wisdom and crafts. Out of her many symbols, I really like the owl the best. I didn't know that Athena was born from Zeus's head, that image is really scary. Also that is so weird the story of how Hephaestus cut Zeus's head open with an ax, then Athena just magically popped out with full armor on. If I had to choose my favorite goddess it would probably be Aphrodite because I really like her symbols, and she is interesting to learn about. What is your opinion on the story of how Athena was born from Zeus's head, do you think its interesting or scary?

    ReplyDelete