Wednesday, October 7, 2015

THE IMPROVING (OR NOT), OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESSES

                  What is something that comes to mind when I think about economics? Well something about a business, like what the business could do to be even better or how they could improve. What images come to your mind about what a business could do better? The images that come to my mind are businesses trying to improve, lower there prices, make good bargains, have better customer service, and doing anything they can to make more people shop or buy things from them. I have learned that over the years businesses won't make an attempt to make their business any better, so less and less people will shop there. No one is going to try to do anything about their economic growth. Therefore the store will lose money and close down because they aren't making any money and no one wants to shop there. If the business never improved I don't think I would continue or try to shop there. What comes to mind when you think about economics, what can a business do to make itself better or make you want to shop there? 

3 comments:

  1. For one, I love the comic, pretty hilarious!! I somewhat agree with what you're saying about the businesses and attempting to make their business better, but I do think that there is a point where the business gets a wake-up call, and starts to change. When a business really is starting to fail, they're in debt, and not getting any consumers then they will try to improve their business. If not the business just dies out. But I know where you're coming from saying that sometimes when a business is failing it just fails. Like do you remember the Traveler's Club? That was like an Okemos trademark at least in my family. But they closed down. So I guess those are my thoughts. Do you have an examples of closed businesses that you liked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!! I agree with what you are saying about people getting a wake-up call but I think that once they go into to debt it will be really hard to come out of it. Some businesses might get a wake-up call a little too late. I do remember the travelers club!! I have a few examples of businesses that closed down, for one the pizza hut in Okemos, a movie theater which I don't remember the name of , a few stores in the mall, and restaurants through-out Okemos.

      Delete
    2. The Traveler's Club rocked! I actually remember further back when it was Miller's Ice Cream. Fond memories..thanks for writing this excellent response, Carmen (and original post, Em!).

      Delete