Thursday, November 12, 2015

ISIS: spreading fear, losing ground

    ISIS, a world known terrorist group that has been spreading fear through the global community and anger among the world's archaeologists, may be destroyed soon enough by Russia. Three weeks ago, a Russian jetliner carrying 243 people was shot down over the Mideast by a ballistic missile, which probably belonged to ISIS personnel. If that is the case, Russia will brutally eradicate any ISIS member, man or woman with unswerving mercy. While usually I would object to this, ISIS needs to be destroyed. They desecrated the 3000 year old city of Nimrod, showing footage of 2 ISIS soldiers smashing an ancient fountain to bits while smiling with merciless glee. They have killed reporters and any other people that have dared to stand in their way. They humiliate Muslims around the world and they aren't even Muslims themselves. By toying with Russia, they have crossed the line for the very last time.

6 comments:

  1. The ISIS sounds like a very bad organization. I hope they never come to the U.S. That would be bad and it must be hard to stop them. I wonder if anyone will put a stop to them. It would be dangerous but some people might be able to catch these men and put them in jail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ending is: If you had the chance would you try so stop them?

      Delete
  2. I have to say, you used some really nice vocab in this. It seems like I'm reading something by a famous author. You are a really good writer! I know ISIS and what they have done, but I learned more about them in this post! They CLEARLY have done some nasty, unforgivable things and like Danial said, I hope they NEVER come to the U.S. I'm a very nice person, but I really think members of ISIS should be killed or put in jail. It's good that Russia might take out ISIS. Then not as many bad things will happen and people won't be as scared! Do you guys agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But if Russia takes out ISIS, they likely won't remove their forces, and instead will exploit the oil in the region and create a devastating monopoly on oil. The whole world will be at Russia's feet, and given Russia's recent authoritarian turn, and their lately aggressive foreign policy, I'm scared as to what they will do with the power they will control. America, oil-loving war hawks as we are, will invade Russia to retake control of the world's oil supplies. If things get nuclear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece of writing...I am glad to see that Tasneem agreed and gave you a verbal high-five!

    ReplyDelete