Thursday, November 12, 2015

Turkey the country on 2 continents!!!! (not just what you eat for Thanksgiving)

Turkey is an amazing country because of its rich culture, sights and unique geographical location. With many great architectural wonders like the Sultan Ahmed Mosque and Hagia Sophia which both happen to be centuries old. If you LOVE shopping and architecture is boring to you than Istanbul is the place for you. Istanbul holds one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with     61 streets and over 3,000 shops, your credit card will get a workout.  You can also take a boat ride on the strait that separates Europe from Asia and be in two continents at the same time. Outside of the cities, Turkey has many amazing natural sights too. Pamukkale (shown below) for instance is a beautiful cliff of hot water spring terraces made by leftover minerals. Or you can ride a hot air balloon over the astonishing rock formation called hoodoos or fairy chimneys. Which of these places would you most like to visit? Or find your own cool place in Turkey.
Image result for pamukkale
  

3 comments:

  1. I think I would like to visit the shops. I mean, there are more than 3,000 of them! My credit card would definitely get a work out( if I had one ;) ). That is really cool that you can be in 2 continents at the same time! Pamukkale looks really cool. But does Turkey have huge buildings, like Qatar? Hmm? Even though Turkey sounds cool, Qatar is better. Anyways, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have a hot air ballon ride, since I have not been to one, and it would be really cool to see a beautiful scenery with a bird's eye view. My second choice would be the places with architecture, since I haven't been to a lot of places like that. However, I would still be happy to shop in Istanbul's bazaars. An interesting place I have found is Cappadocia, which has an underground city dating back to the Hittite era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you choose to visit Turkey, or another place in the Middle East?

      Delete