Monday, October 7, 2019

No Hiding Your Faces!!


By: Joonhugh Lee




I read an article about ‘Facial Recognition’, it’s about how policies and government access to our pictures and can take a picture of how we look even we hide our faces. I personally don’t think it’s a bad idea, I mean it’s for our safety and I always feel not safe in a big cities. But I’m not comfortable that they can tell your age, height and other things. I think they should just know take picture not any other information. Also it says that it can only identify white man’s face, so I don’t think the system would be really great for others(Women, colors). A lot of people think this system is affecting their privates, but I think it's a good system as long as it’s not in the bathroom, home and locker rooms. I prefer safety than private( Not too much).Do you prefer a safety or private??

3 comments:

  1. Although there are pros and cons for this system, it is still not good.... I would choose both safety and privacy, but it does not mean that there should be cameras all around spying on me. Many innocent people have also been captured by the police because of this system. I think that the police should reduce the amount of these cameras in places, this way there won't be more problems in terms of privacy. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugh i do agree with that facial recognition is good and all but then again there are it cons of it like privacy and safety as so a said so then there are it pros like it can help police catch thieves or stalkers but also innocent people been captured by the facial recognition system to. but in all in all i think they should do a better job of upgrading it and making other people privacy safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I agree very strongly with this, many innocent people have been accidentally gotten caught by the police. Facial Recognition isn't perfect, but can be very useful for finding criminals, But can find innocent people. But you can't really have privacy with police constantly knowing your age height location etc.

    ReplyDelete