Monday, October 7, 2019

WHY YOU FAMOUS DORA?!?!?!?!?!

These three writers (Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh, and Eric Weiner) were asked to create a hit new show for Nick Jr. They decided almost immediately thought to have a 7 year old girl to ask questions to the young children. Why is it so famous? What makes it so great? The fact that Dora is a Latina is already a decent reason. Because of Blues Clues, Dora has that awkward pause for kids to answer. Surprisingly without it, she wouldn’t be as famous. Being a Latino and bilingual came into play when their boss when to a meeting and learned that out of the 80 prime youth channels no one was Latino/Latina. You might find this a surprise but Dora’s last name is not Explorer, it’s Marquez. Now that this is almost the end…think about this question. Not just from the movie, but what would Dora be like if she were an ACTUAL person.

2 comments:

  1. Like the meme! Also I agree with the long pause I would always yell things out when I watched "Blues Clues" that was the show I watched when I WAS a small child. I need to start exploring the refrigerator XD. That is interesting, I did not know dora had a last name that is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog and your meme, I agree with the part that Dora became famous of the Blues Clues because many kids like to answer to the question while they are watching the show. I didn't know that Dora's last name is not Explorer, I would never guess it is Marquez.

    ReplyDelete