Monday, October 7, 2019

THE THING ABOUT FACIAL RECOGNITION (DON'T READ)


The article I just read talked about facial recognition systems in law enforcement agencies, and its benefits and repercussions. The police would install cameras, or something, to capture a picture of an unknown person’s face, identify their facial features, compare it with other known faces, and match it with those faces.

What was particularly interesting about this article was how it said Taylor Swift used the system to find stalkers. It’s ironic, since she’s technically stalking them herself.

I’m actually okay with the government using facial recognition to identify people. It’ll improve safety of the areas the facial recognition systems are being used, even if we’re being watched. But people watch us everyday, when we’re taking a walk or in a grocery store, and I’d like those people to NOT be criminals. Just don’t plant those cameras in my house, please. I’d like to change in peace, thank you very much.

What do you think? Safety or privacy?

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog was better than mine. Why did you say not to read it? Also I think that the facial recognition should be used for the safety of citizens. I really liked this blog post. It was very well written and I wish mine was as good as this. Great job Emma!

    ReplyDelete