Monday, October 7, 2019

Dora's message to the U.S.



I assume you read the title. But if you’re scratching your head right now and asking, “Who’s Dora?” then I want to know which rock you’re living under.


Seriously though, you probably know who Dora is. But did you know that the show was an attempt to confront the unease about immigrants? Dora was originally going to be white, but when the creators of the show found out that no other prime time character in the youth world was Latino, they decided to change Dora’s race.





Dora was supposed to represent all the Latinx, but if she was in the real world, then she would be disappointed. A lot of new immigration laws are popping up, and violence against Latinx has increased. I want you to think about this: Do you want to live in a discriminated U.S.? Because I sure wouldn’t.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you; I would not want to live in a place that discriminates against any people. We all need to work to make this world a better place!

    ReplyDelete