Monday, October 7, 2019

Dora Back In Business

Hola! I just listened to a podcast about the new Dora movie that just came out a little while ago. I really did not think that so much thought went into that movie. From the surface it just looks like an average movie but they really thought about how to not be offensive with all of the racism flowing through the U.S. They also tried to use spanish in a fun and informative way, without being rude or offensive. So overall A LOT of thought went into this and it is not just a movie, it is also a political statement. So may I say it again ¿Es esto solo una película?...
Image result for dora the explorer

2 comments:

  1. For those of you wondering, the last line translates to, "Is this just a movie?..."
    I'm fairly certain that it IS indeed a movie, and I was looking for some clarification on what it would be otherwise?
    Questions aside, I liked the word choice in this blog post, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that no one really realizes how much thought and effort went into this movie, from how they represent Dora, to how accurate the information given is. I appreciate the Spanish as well. Makes you actually curious about what you're trying to say. Altogether, though, how do you think Dora has changed from when you watched it as a kid, or has it not?

    ReplyDelete