Monday, October 7, 2019

A Modern Day Dora


Hey people reading this! You’ve probably guessed what this post is about. That’s right! It’s about if Dora was recreated today, what would she do, act like, and say. I think that she probably wouldn’t have changed too much except for her cartoonish features, because this is about Dora in real life, right? If Dora were educated about our nation today, she’d probably greatly disagree with what’s said and done because of the fact that she’s pan-Latino, and there is a lot of racism about Latinos. However, she did have a good everlasting effect on the people who watched her show, which I think she would be proud of. So, if you had the chance to become friends with Dora, would you? I know I would, because who would want to miss out on a chance to experience an adventure with one of the most iconic TV characters?

1 comment:

  1. Divya, I really liked how you compared the cartoon Dora to a realistic version. Sadly, I agree that there is lots of racism towards Latinos, and several other groups and races. I feel that is something we should attempt to change by removing stereotypes towards different races. Are you with me on this?

    ReplyDelete