Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Technological Advancements

Technological Advancements

I think that facial recognition is a very useful tool in crimes and it is convenient for daily use in many phones. People say that it can lead to privacy problems but the benefits outweigh the risks. Some of the benefits are that if there are cameras then the software can find out who it could be even if we couldn’t. These benefits can still make mistakes though. They can lead to wrongful arrests and convictions. This is what I think, but what do you think, is facial recognition worth it?

2 comments:

  1. I think facial recognition is bad because it doesn't follow the 4th amendment, doesn't really give privacy. I get that it is useful in crimes but I don't think it's worth it, and it also's more efficient but I don't that really matters. I agree with you one the last statement it could lead to wrongful arrests and convictions. Yeah that's about it, I think facial recognition is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think facial recognition is good because people should have their privacy. A lot of people who like facial recognition say that it can be used for crimes scenes, but not all good things that will benefit police are allowed to use for crime scenes. Some things that are banned for crime investigations are because that they will harm other people in their usage. The cameras will harm people in their usage by invading other people's privacy when they are in use. So, should facial recognition be banned or not?

    ReplyDelete