Monday, October 7, 2019

Facial Recognition- Does It Solve Crimes or Is It A Crime?

I found that using the facial recognition can solve crimes that may have never been cracked, can be solved in a day. I found this interesting because a lot of cases haven’t been closed and now we can finally close them because of this technology. I’m also interested in how other people don’t think that it’s a good idea to use this technology, they are saying that it’s not always accurate and that it’s an invasion of privacy. I can see how it might be an invasion of privacy, but I can also see how useful it can be. The question now is, will they keep using it or not?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you wrote pretty much summed up the passage, and I liked how you thought about if they'd ban the technology or not. I think they probably won't, since Apple and other companies uses facial recognition to unlock phones. Facial recognition helps a lot with crimes and cases such as kidnapping. But I have a question, would YOU use face recognition technology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog post, but I'd like you to add reasons why it's not accurate and why you think that way. Imagine you have a computer and it has facial recognition, but you had one of your teeth pulled out and it does not let you sign in. Another scenario is you're walking down the street and a random cop apprehends you because you look like the person who did something bad.I like how you put your thoughts into the blog, not always about opinion but you have to add some in there y'know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you added that a lot of cases haven't been closed I like how you added that cuz a lot of them haven't been closed but now they can using facial recognition.And I like that you included how it might be an invasion of privacy.

    ReplyDelete