Monday, October 7, 2019

Dora Talking Politics

I think it’s incredibly cool that Dora, a Nick Jr. show created 20 years ago, is still going and still has the same message- to make inclusivity a more important quality in kids. That’s cool, right? Especially as new immigrant rules come in, I feel that it has an even more important meaning now, and I certainly hope that you agree! I think the “fault” Code Switch discussed- about how Dora doesn’t completely look Latino- doesn’t really matter, I think that teaching kids that people’s differences don’t matter is more important, because obviously Dora can’t look like every single Latinx person! Although Dora isn't necessarily "talking" politics, she certainly is representing something that's talked about in politics! Truly I think the idea behind Dora and how it is presented it amazing, don’t you? If not, could you do better?


1 comment:

  1. Meabh,
    I love that you are aware of new vocabulary and are correctly using the term Latinx! That, to me, shows how amazing you are! Keep posting great things for us all to grow from!

    ReplyDelete