Monday, November 18, 2019

Cassandra's Problem

A lot of times in life, warnings that turn out to be relevant, are ignored. For example, pollution in the air and sea, as well as increasing carbon dioxide amounts in the atmosphere. These have become more than just warnings, however, people still ignore them; we still don’t recycle and we still don’t mind not having filters in our cars. Why do we still not react to these warnings?
Cassandra was one special girl, but, you may all agree, I do not envy her. People don’t
listen to me enough already (which is good for both them and me because I’m often not right), but Cassandra could literally see the future, yet no one listened! That was because, in my opinion, Cassandra had a problem: she did not speak clearly, nor was she understanding.
Most of the time, if others do not acknowledge my warnings to what I know to be true. So,
I just wait for them to see that I am right after I pressure them with proof, and shove evidence in their face, all while politely disagreeing- and, in my view, that is the key: to be polite and understanding. If you’re not, why would they even want to listen to you??
I just wonder why it seems nobody else cares?


3 comments:

  1. Meabh, I really enjoyed reading your post, especially the part at the beginning when you give lots of examples about people not listening to warning signs. I also love the way you said "shove evidence in their face" and then go back to being polite. that part made me laugh (not in a bad way though, it was in a good way). Do you think that maybe the people should have listened to her? Even though she was not the most understanding or clear speaker?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that you related the problem with other problems and added your opinion on the whole idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of people don't react to the warning about the problems in our world because they believe others will solve it for them. When people ignore my warnings about things, I probably don't react as calmly as you do. I don't have the time to listen to their side of the argument. I try to be polite, but I give them all the reasons why I'm right about it. If they start interrupting me, I don't try to be polite. Anyways, I mostly agree with your opinions. It was a very nice blog post.

    ReplyDelete