Friday, November 15, 2019

WHY WON'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME?

The lesson I learned from this podcast is that sometimes, you just have to believe in what other
people say sometimes, because even if it might seem absurd, sometimes it is the truth. Not only do
you sometimes have to believe, but you also have to act upon it or just believing won’t do anything.

If someone seemed to disagree with me when I was telling the truth, I’d try my best to gather all evidence and prove that what I said was true. Or, I'd get witnesses to prove that what I said really was true. To convince the people in power that actions need to be taken, you have to again, give solid evidence. Even if they don’t believe you at that point, many other people would be moved. 

Say I had a chance to visit the Alaskan Tunnel today, I’m guessing I’d be very shocked at how bad the situation really was; sometimes you don’t know how bad it is unless you see it personally. Also, I’d probably be really shocked at the smell mentioned in the video. My thoughts probably wouldn’t be different even if I visit the tunnel because even then, I’d still believe people need to take action for climate change. It’d just strengthen my thoughts, to be honest. 

The Alaskan Tunnel was a perfect example of the Cassandra Curse, why is it that Chris warned everyone about the effects of melting permafrost but no one decided to listen? Or if they listened, why didn’t they take action? 

Image result for cassandra's curse

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your blog post, especially since it is so different from many others because you mentioned the Alaskan Tunnel and stated your views on that matter. Personally, I agree with you upon that specific topic. I especially liked the words you used to really prove your point, similar to how you stated earlier about anybody disagreeing with you when you know you are telling the truth.
    As for the question you stated at the end of your post of why if anybody "listened, why didn't they take action", I have no answer, but a question for that: Is it because they are too lazy?*

    *I personally relate that to climate change and pollution: not because nobody WANT to do anything about it, but because they are TOO LAZY to do anything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete