Thursday, November 14, 2019

A DISASTER IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN EXACTLY ONE MINUTE NOW EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME-

"EVERYBODY WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE IN ONE MINUTE IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ME!" "Um, ok."

 The Cassandra Curse seems like a weird concept-I mean, it's just Greek Mythology, it's not real...right? Actually, results show that if 1: You aren't an authoritative figure, 2: You don't have proof, then most likely people aren't going to believe you. The lesson I learned was also to SPEAK OUT-if there's a disaster, SPEAK OUT! And if they don't listen to you, WELL TOO BAD! Ok, maybe not that last part. But yes, if there's a disaster coming, and you are aware of it, please speak out because it may as well be the last day of humanity on your hands. But what if people don't believe you? Well, if I was someone (now, mind you, I'm just a regular citizen in this case) trying to warn everybody of some weird disaster, I probably wouldn't do it the way I started out this post. I think the best way to go would be to warn an authoritative figure first. Since people seem to listen to authoritative figures (like I don't know, teachers, bosses, the President, ect.) more than they do to just everyday regular citizens, that's what I would start with. And if that figure doesn't believe me, I'll just need to get some proof of some kind to make that figure believe me. But what if the authoritative figure is part of the disaster? I don't want to be Cassandra and start speaking in riddles and have everybody laugh at me, but I do want to try to convince at least a few people. Sure, 4 people against the world might be hard, but if you look at it like 4 people against one powerful figure...that's better than just not telling anybody. I think at that point, I'd be pretty angry-I think that'll convince people further since anger seems to be a type of feeling everybody understands and follows more than other emotions (I mean, being happy doesn't really work. Being sad might make people confused. I don't really know if you can be fearful-it might work, but for me, I think anger is the best way to go.). I learned that most people aren't comfortable going out of their comfort zone (that seems very uncomfortable doesn't it) and so, as a result, if they know a disaster is going to happen and they aren't an authoritative figure of some kind and/or they don't have proof, they won't speak out. It makes much more sense if you imagine yourself in 'Cassandra's' shoes. What about you? Do you think that if you were in Cassandra's situation you would do the same? Would you stay quiet? What would you do? Tell me in the comments below AND EVERYONE IS ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE IN ONE MINUTE NOW EVERYBODY LISTEN TO MEEE-

Image result for sally face i had no choice
Now go listen to Sal from Sally Face-

Image result for why won't anybody listen to me



P.S. If Emma says something about not trusting me, DON'T TRUST HER either! She types in all lowercase (probably not in this post, but everywhere else, YEAH-) and that's just shady.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you put all of that neat/funny stuff on the post, If I sound Really formal it's because when Mr. Hopper Reads this he should be thinking wow a kid realized I'm gonna read this and he's writing about me reading this. This post has your writing written all over it. (I can do Puns again, finally) I think you should have put some more words about the carbon emissions, because that was a very big topic in the podcast. Also do you think something like captain America was preserved, and now it's slowly melting out and will come out in perfect living condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post. It’s very detailed and neat. It basically tells you everything about the Cassandra Curse. I’m honestly amazed because usually my writing projects aren’t this long and detailed. I think you did great on this! Some of the Cassandra Curse confused me but this helped me understand it better. I think you did great on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i type in all lowercase,,, what are you gonna do, reina,,

    -ananya

    ReplyDelete