Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sri Lankan food

Sri Lanka has lots of food.  Most of the food sounds good. Roti is a Sri Lankan flat bread made from wheat flour. Kottu is a Sri Lankan stir fry made of Shredded roti bread and vegetables, eggs, meat and cheese. Kool, a soup with a seafood broth, and consists of crab, fish, prawns, crayfish and  scuttlefish. Kool also contains vegetables such as spinach, long beans, etc. Another dish is a sour fish curry (Fish Ambul Thiyal) Is made of a large firm fish, such as tuna and is cut up into little cubes.  Sri lanka sounds like it has good food. I wonder if the rest of Sri Lanka is interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I think Sri Lankan food is very interesting. I like how you clearly explained the ingrediants in each dish. I would not personally like to eat it, but it sounds interesting. Did you know that in some dishes Sri Lankans even use goat? That I would never eat. I think you should read the post titled Maldive Cuisine. The food there has many of the same ingredients like rice and fish. It is crazy how similar the food can be in a completely different country.

    ReplyDelete