Friday, March 25, 2016

Nepalese Food

Nepal is a place of many amazing and different things from in the United States, but in particular the food is different. In Nepal the foods tend to have plenty of spices, lentils, rice (other grains are often used instead of rice), lean meats, and many more foods are used in the traditional diet. This diet is healthier than many other areas in South Asia. Also let's be honest the food in Nepal is way healthier than in the United states home to a double quarter pounder hamburger. In addition to this Nepalese food has heavy influences from India because of the use of a high amount of spices.
Although Nepal has many different dishes, there are a few that are more common than others. One main cuisine that is commonly known is Dal Bhat. This dish consists of lentils, rice (oftenly exchanged for roti a type of bread, of just another grain), along with a side of something more heavy. To learn more about food from Nepal click here.

If I were to go to South Asia to see the different foods I am not sure of where I would go. So which country in South Asia would you go to see and taste the food?

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nepal food does look really healthy! If I were to go and visit a country in South Asia to see the different foods then I would probably... actually I take that back. I would TOTALLY want to go to India! This is because I have tried Indian food before and I want to try it again. India also has a variety of soups but some do not sound so great. There are also some weird foods in India like the Red Ants dish. I also enjoy spices but you can literally find spices everywhere in South Asia. Anyway, I would recommend you to read Marie's post because I think you would like it but I think you already read it. Ok then I suggest you to read my post and comment because I am awesome and my writing is just so awesome there's no need for any words. Just kidding! The actual reason why I suggest you to read my writing is because I also talked about different kinds of foods although they all include meat!! Well, (OMG MARIE'S POST JUST MADE IT INTO TOP FOUR GO MARIE!!) cough cough anyway do you know any bizarre foods that you would just totally gag on? Or if you don't want to gag then I am wondering if you like spices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow this is so long my head literally hurts from reading it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was a lot. Anyways I think I would prefer not to gag, so yeah I like spices. Although I do enjoy many different spices, there are few that I do not like. For example I am not the biggest fan thyme.

    ReplyDelete