Thursday, March 24, 2016

ARE YOU HUNGRY YET?


Ok so who likes food? I do! In fact, I’m always hungry (if you don’t believe me you can ask my friends).

I decided to look up some cool foods and trust me there are so many! In my post I’ll be featuring foods from India because India is cool (and because I want to)!

Take a look at this Indian Taco (below). It is made with beef, beans, onion, lettuce, cheese, and fry bread. It may look similar to a regular taco, but the bread is made in a different way. This makes the taco crisp.



Also check out the Indian Butter Chicken below. A lot of ingredients are used to make this dish including yogurt, lemon juice, butter and more! Also if you like your food spicy, you can also coat the chicken with many Indian spices because India is known for its variety of spices so you will have plenty of choices. Just make sure you have a cup of water nearby or something.

Talking about spices, some dishes don’t exactly look so appetizing. Some dishes are very weird and might even make you gag! Well, if you think about it I guess ants are somewhat nutritious?!?
Sorry for the surprise, but the white pieces are actually ant eggs. Believe it or not, this dish is quite common in India.








If you are still not satisfied, check out a list of many Indian foods and how to make them by clicking the link right here. I'm sure at least one of these dishes will stand out to you!
So what kind of Indian food would you like to try from the link? I would probably like to try the Butter Chicken since it looks pretty good. Well, are you hungry yet? Or did the ants spoil it?

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the butter chicken makes me pretty hungry, however, when you mentioned the red ants, I didn't really have much of an appetite anymore. Some other rather unpleasant dishes I found were frog legs, which you'd think they'd stop selling in some restaurants after the species were threatened. Also, I don't think you'll like soup as much after you've seen snail stew, steamed hornet larvae or silkworm curry. Finally, the most disgusting one on the menu is probably bhunni, made with goat liver, stomach, intestines and blood. On a different note, I suggest you check out Alajandra's post, it talks about Nepalese food. It also talks about other types of food there that might interest you. Also, I'd like to hear your opinion on foods in India. Can you find an even more bizarre dish than the ones I featured?

    ReplyDelete