Friday, March 25, 2016

Dashain Festival in Nepal!


Nepal has many celebrations but the longest celebration is Dashain. It is the most important festival in Nepal and usually happens in late September to mid October after the end of monsoon season. If you were wondering monsoon season is a season where weather is hot and wet at times. Anyway, Dashain is where the people of Nepal celebrate “A Day of Victory Over Demon”. It is celebrated for 15 days and people return from all over the world to celebrate this festival. The most important days of this festival are the first, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth.  Next, This festival is interesting to me because so many people come to celebrate this. Also it lasts for 15 DAYS! That’s a long celebration! One question I have about this is do they rest at night and celebrate all day, celebrate at night and rest during the day, or just celebrate constantly for 15 days. I mean I don’t think they would do the last one but what do I know? They could if they wanted to. This is my post about the Dashain celebration in Nepal. My question to finish up is if you could would you come to this festival and why?








No comments:

Post a Comment