Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Chatamari: Nepali Pizza!



Chatamari is what you might refer to as, Nepali pizza! It is a pancake made up of rice flour. You could eat it plain, though if you'd like to spice it up a bit, you should go ahead and add some eggs, vegetables, or meat such as chicken. Chatamari is a very traditional or common dish in Nepal. It is served at festive occasions like Dewali (which is in April on the English Calendar.) This is something I really want to try if I ever make my way to Nepal because who doesn’t  like pizza, right? If this is something you would like to try, comment below what types of toppings you would put on your Chatamari! If you would like to know how to make it, click here, or here!

   
Image result for chatamari

3 comments:

  1. This seems to be kind of like a breakfast pizza for us American's! On my pizza I would probably put the things you described, even though an egg on a pizza sounds gross! The picture makes it look like an omelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would enjoy trying this foreign pizza. Pizza is my favorite food, after all. I think this is a little bit different. Who puts eggs on pizza? I do not think I would enjoy any of the mentioned toppings on it. You should look at Abby's post. It is not about food, but it is about Nepal. Both of your posts make it seem like Nepal is a crazy place, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The calendar you refer to isn't called the English calendar. We actually use the Gregorian calendar, invented by Pope Gregory to correct the archaic Julian calendar.

    ReplyDelete