Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thank you India, for SPICES!

Guess what? Do you know Maya? Well, she is Indian. I have never known that. Well, because of her I have chosen to write about India. Their food is very diverse. India is rightly called the Land of Spices. Pepper is the king of spices mix it with salt and it becomes the classic seasoning that Indians all enjoy. 70% of the world’s spices com from India. In India, there are six different flavors: sweet, salty, bitter, sour, spicy, and astringent. A lot of the food have originated from different countries. When I go to Indian restaurants, I usually have chicken tikka masala. I love it because IT IS SO GOOD! It is chicken of course and then this very yummy sauce. chicken tikka masala is not Indian, it is a very popular dish. It was invented in Glasgow, Scotland. Next time you go to an Indian restaurant I hope you can state the six flavors. What did you learn?

2 comments:

  1. I learned that 70% of spices come from India! I knew that they had a lot of spices, but I didn't know that most of our spices came from them! I like Tikki Chicken Masala too, but I think that Butter Chicken would have to be my favorite. You should read Maya's post, I mean she does know the most about India out of all of us! It's her native country! I think you could learn more about India if you read hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Seohee,
    I learned that India is called the land of spices. I would have never guessed that most of the spices come from India. I did know that Indian food is very spicy and now I know why!I think that you should read the article title "house or horror?." This article is about India as well, and since you might not now a lot about India this could help you learn more. I think You did a really good job on explaining spices in India.

    ReplyDelete