Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Holi Festival

Every year around springtime a colorful festival called Holi is celebrated in the Braj region of India. Holi is the celebration of renewing relationships, love, and friendships. The celebration begins with a bonfire on Holi Eve. As families and friends gather around the fire, legends and folktales are told while colorful powder is thrown. As for traditional Holi foods, thandai, puran poli, and dahi vada are among some of the most popular foods. I think it would be really fun to attend this festival at least once in my lifetime. I believe that it would be a really good experience for me because I would be able to learn more about other people’s culture. Would you like to attend Holi? Why or why not?

2 comments:

  1. I think that the holi festival sounds like a blast. That would be so fun to have all your friends and family together around the fire telling stories, singing. I could see you throwing white powder every where. I agree with you though that it would be such a good experience to learn about other cultures. I looked up the foods you were talking about and they look amazing. I think that me and you should plan a trip when this festival is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should read Chloe Krum's paragraph. it's really good, it's about people getting married underwater. You would really like it because like your paragraph its a traditional thing in there country. The difference is your's is a festival and theirs is a wedding.

    ReplyDelete