Thursday, March 24, 2016

The wild (and the sometimes weird) world of South Asian cuisine

      When someone thinks of Asian food, they usually think about chicken and broccoli with general Tso's chicken. However,  there is much more to Asian food than what was just listed. Here are a few unique and weird options that are tasty as they are strange.




    1. E-fu noodles: this dish symbolizes longevity and is usually served on Chinese new year and on            birthdays. I've eaten this dish before, and I loved it!

    2. Ema Datshi: The national dish of Bhutan, Ema Datshi, or "chili cheese"  can be made in a variety of ways with varying chili peppers.

    3. Chole Bhature:  This spicy, curried chickpea dish from India is considered by many to be one of the best chickpea dishes in the world. I've also eaten this dish, and I thought it was pretty good too.


   4. Kabuli Palaw: The national dish of Afghanistan, Kabuli Palaw is made with with raisins, carrots, and lamb.

5. Kofta: Basically a Pakistani meatloaf, this dish is popular throughout Europe and Asia, being a popular vendor item. There are many versions of Kofta, and all are highly rated.


Have any other cool food items from South Asia? Type them in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Miles. I enjoyed how you've actually had some of these dishes you write... but I have two problems. One, China doesn't count as a South Asian country as specified by Mr. Hopper, and two, what's with that space there? I'm going to contradict myself because there's also also no picture. But besides these glaring blemishes, it was just peachy keen. Also, check out my post, because I am a shameless self-promoting trumplet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blanks space was where a picture was, but it deleted. I don't know why I put China in there anyway.

    ReplyDelete