Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bhutan


Beautiful valleys, large mountains, a dragon on the flag, red rice, and no traffic lights in the capital city. Have you guessed where I’m talking about yet? It’s Bhutan! The national dish in Bhutan is ema datshi(chili cheese). It is mostly made up of either cow or yak milk cheese, and chili peppers. In fact, most dishes in Bhutan have chilies in them. Rice is also one of the main foods. Another dish is phaksha paa, which is dried pork with chilies, spices, and vegetables. Would you try this food? I probably would, because most of this looks good to me.



3 comments:

  1. This was great sophia! I loved hearing about all of the spicy foods that they had there. Personally I would never try them because I am a vegetarian but still I loved hearing about it! Also i'm not really a big fan of spicy foods. (My dad is though) I really think you would like to check out Caroline E‘s blog. I think you would like learning about foods that she put in hers also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Talk about straight up delicious! I found another really popular dish called the Jasha Maru. It consists of mostly chicken, green chillies, onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. It sounds really good and looks good too. If I went to Bhutan I would definitely try the Phaksha Paa because it sounds really good. I really want to make it one day if I could. If you got to try a different food from Bhutan what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a peek at this brief article: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/when-to-use-a-comma-before-because

    ReplyDelete