Monday, November 18, 2019

Well, it was bound to happen. We can agree on that, right?

Um, Cassandra had some issues. I honestly cannot say that I can relate to her, because, y'know, I can't see the future or anything, but I'm pretty sure I get the main message here: humanity as a whole is a bit of an idiot. Now, hear me through. Take the Trojan Horse, for example. Did no one consider the fact that a random gift was a little bit suspicious? Not even an ordinary gift, but a horse.
A wooden one.
I mean, just let that sink in. Were non-living, absolutely useless horses trendy back then? I'm actually curious.
The modern day equivalent of the Trojan Horse would be an Amazon box covered in construction paper, topped with a pair of cat ears, that makes noises when shaken. You know I'm right. Would you be suspicious? I know I would, but because the cat is 'cute', it's probably overlooked.
Oh, and to top it all off, they actually had a warning beforehand. Yeah, did I forget to mention that? It was Cassandra.
Now, since I like this theme of comparing ancient objects and people to modern things, let's do this with Cassandra. Cassandra was the equivalent of an accurate Wikipedia, that no one trusts. Since no one trusts information given from Wikipedia, they don't listen to it when it tells them that FedEx will attack. And of course, when the cardboard cat appears on your front porch, it is welcomed into your home, where destruction will reign. Now, because of your own ignorance, literally every single large company knows where you live, because the Amazon box shaped like a cat probably had a tracker in it. Or something. I don't know exactly, I'm just passing along information.
Oh, and Wiki dies anyway.
With an ax.
To the head.
Or something metaphorical like that (haha).
Sometimes, we just need to really use common sense, just for a minute, and think about what we should do before we make a decision. It's really that simple. Think things through. That's probably a better lesson than 'humanity as a whole is an idiot' anyway.
I was wondering if anyone else can think of a time where problems were avoided or solved just by thinking things through. Please let me know in the comments, and I'll see y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment