Thursday, November 12, 2015

"Dress Code" in Iran

Have you ever questioned the dress code we have at school? Perhaps thought to yourself that it was too strict? Well, In Iran the only place without a dress code is your own house! When you leave your home the Islamic religion takes flight. You are required to cover every inch except your face, hands, and feet! Most wear a headscarf, long dress or pants, and a long knee coat. If you lived in Iran would you be able to tolerate the dressing requirements?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I could not imagine having to live like that. It feels kind of extreme to have to cover all over your body for your religion. Of course pretty much everyone questions dress code, in our school the dress code isn’t that bad, but wow in Iran I wouldn't be able to live. What happens if you get hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress code would be good for fall or winter. But in SUMMER? I would probably die (or my sister would die before me because she is a "cold person")! Do you know why they have to follow the dress code? I mean, I know it's part of religion, but why does it matter what you wear or.......? What if somebody was visiting Iran and they were not following the dress code? What would happen? Would they get in trouble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica to answer your question, from what I've heard you can get put to jail!!! Crazy I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were in Iran, I guess I'd be able to tolerate the dress code. It might be harder to deal with in the summer though. That's a very strict dress code, that I personally don't like. I agree with Jessica. I wouldn't manage in the summer! I heard that Iran's summers are very warm. It's part of a religion so I'm not going to against it. In the winter, it would be perfect. Especially in Michigan. Do you guys I agree with me?

    ReplyDelete