Thursday, November 12, 2015

Would You Swim In It?

Over 6,000 miles and 17 total hours of plane flight, is it worth the trip? The place that I am talking about is the Dead Sea. The name is why some people do or don’t want to visit it. The Dead Sea is located on the border of Israel and Jordan. There are some interesting facts that I will tell you about it. A crazy fact is that it isn’t a real sea! It is really a lake that has a huge amount of salt in it. Another fact is that it is Earth's lowest elevation point on land at 1,388 feet below sea level. If you decide to take a swim, good luck. You can't swim in the Dead Sea, you only can float in it. In fact many people die if they try to swim in it. Would you want to swim in the Dead Sea?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good job Bennett, I have heard of this but never seen a video and man I wish I could float around in the dead sea. I have swam in a salt water pool before though. Can people really die from trying to swim though is so that is really creepy, how would that happen from swimming. I would love to visit this place. What do you think about being able to die from trying to swim?

    ReplyDelete