Thursday, November 12, 2015

Turkey, not turkey.

Who likes turkey? I mean, who likes Turkey? Turkey is both a country and a food. However, many people think of the food and often don't know that there is a country named that too. The country Turkey is actually called the Republic of Turkey, and has been called that for many years. Its capital is Ankara, not Istanbul, as people had originally thought. Istanbul is the only country in the world that is spanned across two continents. It is in Asia and in Europe. The country itself has 3% of its land in Europe, and the other 97% is located in Asia and bordered by Armenia, Azerbaijan, and other countries. I challenge you to find other interesting facts on Turkey and think about the country as well this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know Turkey was in two different continents. Did you know the first ever christian church was built in Turkey? I think Turkey is a very interesting country. I like how you included many facts about the country that many people do not know. For example, the fact that it is actually called the Republic of Turkey. The most interesting part in my opinion is when you talked about how the capital is actually Ankara. I and many other people I know thought it was Istanbul.

    ReplyDelete