Thursday, October 22, 2015

The 12 But 2 Gods

The Greeks honored and glorifyed many gods but there were 12 main gods and goddesses. There was Zeus, Hera, Poseiden, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes, and Dionysus. Each one ruled something specific, and each one was different from the other. Personally my favorite god would either be Athena or Aphrodite. These two would be my favorites because I feel like they are more interesting than the others, and are more fun to read about. Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength, war strategy, the arts, craft, and skill in ancient Greek religion and mythology. Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty, and pleasure. I feel like these are more interesting powers/features to learn about. Q.O.T.D Do you have many favorite gods and goddesses or only one? Also which one/ones?

6 comments:

  1. My favorite god/goddess would have to be Hera, because as I said in my blog post(commercial break), she was the Queen of Gods. I think this title makes her interesting to learn about. Also, (side note) in your writing you listed twelve gods, but in my opinion forgot one important one. You forgot Hades. Yes, I know he's the bad guy and all, but he was one of Zeus's siblings. This makes me think he should be worth something too. What do you think about Hades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hera is one of my favorite goddesses but not my favorite. She is really cool and she is probably one of the most interesting goddesses. I couldn't think of a title so I was like why not (: . I found all the gods and goddesses online and it never listed Hades, so I don't know what happened but thanks for pointing it out!! Hades is pretty cool tho! I think Hades is really awesome to learn about but he's not the most civilized, what do you think about him?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me think about my favorite god or goddess. Um, can't count. I had a lot in past, but now my favorite god/goddesses is Athena. I liked her since I was 7 years old because I thought she is the coolest goddess.
    And also I felt Athena same as Artemis because they both have similar style. But I would rather choose Athena, because she is more wise. (Actually they are not same).
    Besides, I like Hestia, the goddess of fire. However she is not as famous as other gods/goddesses though. Athena or Artemis? Which goddess do you prefer? Anyway, I love your writing! But I want you to put some god/goddess who are unfamiliar with people rather than the familiar ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I commented 3 same comments at once! Sorry for that. I deleted two of those.

      Delete