Thursday, October 22, 2015

Do you watch the Olympics every either 2 or 4 years? If so, do you want to learn about how it started?

The Olympics started by the Greeks inviting athletes to help them honor their gods. The Isthmus games  were held every 2 years at a place called Isthmus of Corinth. And the Pythian games were every 4 years at a place by Delphi. No w/omen were allowed to come to the Olympics and, only Greek nationals could participate in them. The games were originally a one-day event of sports in 472 B.C. , and expanded to a five day event with many different events.  Did you learn anything from this article? Next time you watch the Olympics will you think differently about it’s history? Because I know I will!!

For more information go to http://www.ancientgreece.com/s/Olympics/

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a very interesting topic because I have always wondered how the Olympics began. I was about to choose this topic but I decided to go with the gods because of the comic I found. I really like watching the olympics and I think this is cool! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete