Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Superstitious Greeks!


You know that superstition where you throw salt over your shoulder to get rid of evil? In Greece, you can use salt to get rid of an unwanted human as well. If you have someone in your home and you want them to leave, all you need to do is sprinkle a little bit of salt behind them. The “powers” of the salt will chase them out of your house. You can also sprinkle salt in a new home before you move in, and the salt will drive any evil away from you and your family. This is one crazy superstition that the Greeks have, maybe you should try it and find out if it actually works!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew about this superstition. I wonder if it actually works! Do you know where this originated? I would like to find out more about why they thought this was true and if it worked for them. I'm definitely going to try this out with my sister tonight. Did you try this out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had some salt I would throw it on my sister EVERY day! Every second of everyday. I wonder if it actually works, and hope that it actually works. I am going to try it when I get home. I absolutely hope it works on my sister LOL. I wonder where this myth came from. I am defiantly going to try it at home. I like what you wrote about this myth! How many times have you thrown salt over your shoulder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete