Thursday, October 22, 2015

You want a man? Go to Apollo


       Lets talk about  Greek myths. So basically it is believed there were twelve gods, all the sons and daughters  of Zeus, the main god. All the gods ruled or had a talent for something specific. I'm not going to go into to much detail about the gods but I am going to focus specifically on one. Apollo. Apollo was the most widely worshiped of the gods and was the ruler of poetry and music. He was known for being handsome, telling the truth,and riding a golden chariot drawn by swans. He was even mistaken to be the sun god sometimes. A little fun fact for you is that Apollo was known for killing a vicious monster named Python with his bare hands. Kinda strange right? Why would the god of music and poetry kill a vicious beast? Let alone with his bare hands?  Apollo was pretty unpredictable so I guess that makes sense.  So the question is... what do you think of Apollo and why?

1 comment:

  1. I think that Apollo might be my 2nd favorite Greek god, behind Athena. I like Apollo because of the myth that he was the one to move the Sun across the sky. He could also bring and cure disease. I also love dolphins, which is his holy animal. I would love to see what other people think about Apollo.

    ReplyDelete