Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Olympics!!!

Haven't we ever wondered where the Olympics came from well this is where I will tell you. The Olympics where the idea of games every 4 or so years so Zeus could watch the games. The Olympics got the name from mount Olympus the home of the gods. Because Zeus is one of the main gods the Olympics are for entertainment for mortals and immortals. The Olympics have evolved over time from just some activities to many. During the beginning of the Olympics only people form Greece could compete because it was only in that country. Now today we almost have 1 team for every country. Overall the Olympics have evolved over time anything I didn't cover??? Tell me


1 comment:

  1. Hey Clayton I really thought this was a good summary of what the Olympics are and they started. Although I think you missed an important piece of why the Olympics were made. Part of the reason they made the Olympics was to honor or worship Zeus in some way.

    ReplyDelete