Thursday, January 14, 2016

The government is doing their best to stop others from joining ISIS, but is it working?



Our U.S government, as well as other governments around the world are restricting people from going to Syria to join ISIS. The problem is, most people don't know if someone around them is going to join. Most of the time even their family and friends have no idea someone so close to them could possibly do such a thing. In one case, Tareena Shaki told those close to her that she was going on a vacation with full intentions to come back, but instead, had plans to join ISIS. Not only was she going to join, but she took her toddler as well! It's crazy to think that someone you’ve known for so long could possibly join. Could you even imagine if one of your closest friends left one day to join ISIS and never came back?




3 comments:

  1. J, wow this writing is really good! I can't believe someone would do such a thing and take their toddler! I don't know why people want to join isis it makes no sense to me. If one of my friends or even one of my family members did that I would be sad, mad, confused and lot's of other emotions. I wouldn't know what to think! Good Writing! ~Chloe Krumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. J, wow this writing is really good! I can't believe someone would do such a thing and take their toddler! I don't know why people want to join isis it makes no sense to me. If one of my friends or even one of my family members did that I would be sad, mad, confused and lot's of other emotions. I wouldn't know what to think! Good Writing! ~Chloe Krumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would anyone ever do such a thing? Why would you take your toddler? Last February, when she came back to England from Turkey, the police arrested her and she was put in jail. I wonder what happened to her toddler. I could never imagine if someone I knew left to join ISIS! I would be sad and mad at them.

    ReplyDelete