Thursday, January 14, 2016

Madaya the "Starving City"


Late last year the city of Madaya now known as “the starving town”.  Evidence shows that many people are malnourished or dying. It was due to the city being besieged by their government. Although, recently about 20,000 people received one month of food rations,but still many died of starvation. Their cries of help were ignored until a month ago. Recently,the convey packed about 50 trucks filled with food, medicine and winter clothes. For more information on this topic click here.The hope of the town isn't dying,they still have hope for their "starving town". How would you feel if your government cut off your needs and then ignored your cries of help?


3 comments:

  1. I did an article on the same thing and found it really interesting. I would definitely feel upset when I was being getting cut off. I think that they shouldn't give up on hope though because even if they don't know that help is coming they should still believe that hope is coming. I watched a video that interviewed people in Madaya and then seemed so lost of hope it was really sad. You did a really good job of summarizing everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the government ignored the state of my country I would be very sad and angry. First of all, why did't they get more food in the first place? Couldn't the people speak up? I also want to know how they survived for so long with almost nothing. It's actually really cool.

    ReplyDelete