Friday, February 28, 2020

The Maldives

             The Maldives is a South Asian country and they have a lot of food, for example, Rihaakuru a traditional food of Maldivian cuisine. It is a paste made out of fish and is a Maldivian favorite. They also have many traditions like  Men wear sarongs which is a cloth that they wrap around their waist with a long sleeve shirt that is usually white. Women have a traditional dress that they wear called libaas. Islam is the official religion all citizens must be Muslims and any practice of a different religion other than Islam is forbidden. Maldivian culture is very unique and interesting! Don't you think that it is an amazing culture?




Image result for maldives

1 comment:

  1. I like how you cover many aspects of the Maldives culture rather than just one. I do agree that their culture is quite amazing! Did you know that some of their traditional dances originated from Africa? I learned that piece of information while I was researching for my blog about the Maldives, which was about their traditional dances. I am glad I chose to read your blog, for I was intrigued by Maldivian culture and this broadened my view of it. If you would like to learn a bit more about their unique customs and traditions, you could take a look at my blog. Maldivian culture is really quite amazing, especially how many parts of it originated from many different places!

    ReplyDelete