Thursday, February 27, 2020

maldivian cuisine emma l



The maldives - a small island country set on the south side of Asia.





Traditional Maldivian cuisine is comprised mainly of three ingredients: coconut, fish, and starches. It’s prepared with ancient cooking methods that have existed over generations. Maldivian food was originally made with mostly fish, breadfruit, millet, and coconuts, and, as trading and travel influenced their culture, Maldivians soon developed a distinct culinary identity.





One of their foods that i would like to try sometime is Dhon Riha. It’s actually tuna curry with fruits and spices. I want to try the curry because, one, I’ve never actually eaten tuna curry before. I’ve eaten beef and chicken curry at restaurants like Sansu and Thai Princess, respectively, but curry made of fish? I’ve never actually thought about, I guess, until I searched up ‘Maldivian food.’ Two, there’s mango in the curry! I really like mango. It’s spicy too, I think...? If it’s not though, I can just leave it like it us, ‘cause I’m hot enough. (If only I was actually this confident.) I can smell it already...





The curry, I mean. Not me.





Dhon Riha. It looks kinda gross, but so do I.


And I’m awesome. So. That must say something.





You know what, I’ll just leave it at there.





What do you guys think? Would you want to try Dhon Riha?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a nice post. I liked the humor in it, I guess, and overall your post was very spaced out which I thought was interesting. Another thing I liked was that you chose a topic that most people didn't choose. I think you should check out Meabh's post, as she also talked about the Maldives. She didn't talk about food, but instead talked about the festivals and dances that took place there. Interesting, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete