Friday, February 28, 2020

Grammering my way across South Asia


Grammering my way across South Asia
By: Luke Bajorek

                   South Asia is an extraordinary place, but it doesn't get the credit it deserves. People are scared of the area because they don't know much about it. The area has amazing Natural beauty and culture. In Pakistan the ocean provides much natural beauty, but it's not a very large tourist location because of the violence in parts of the country and neighboring countries. In Oman there are beautiful waterfalls and landscapes; but this area isn't visited because of the little amount of knowledge me have about the area. 
                  Jordan has some of the most rich history on this planet and is a place I would love to visit. It's population is less than 10 million, yet there are areas that date back to 300 BC. Jordan is an Muslim country that mostly practices the Islamic religion. Jordan borders the Red and Dead sea, and even has Volcanoes and Lava beds. Jordan also has many rivers, the largest being the Jordan river which stretches over 156 miles before emptying into the Dead sea.

                   WIth a capital of Anman, Jordan is a Muslim country. They cook many foods such as Mansaf, Falafel, Maqluba. Some foods from there that we have in the USA are Hummus and Greek Yogurt. Jordan is a spectacular country in the Middle East and I would recommend visiting it to everyone. 

3 comments:

  1. I looked up the food you said and it looks delicious especially the falafel I have always wanted to try it out. It is made from ground chickpeas, fava beans and spices. Do you have a favorite out of those? Also I agree with the whole most people look down upon South Asia but doing the Playlist I realized it is not at all as bad as it seems. Overall great work I really enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your blog post luke. One reason I think you did good was because you gave good details about Pakistan. I didn't know a lot about Pakistan but now I feel like I know a lot more. I have never tried Pakistani food before. Have you? I enjoyed reading your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you did a good job because you helped explain to me about the South Asian culture and I don't know much about the South Asian culture.You showed the food and the food does look very appetizing. When I saw that opening sentence I just wanted to keep reading on in the passage. I liked how you explained a lot about Jordan a place I knew nothing about and you helped me learn about it.

    ReplyDelete