Friday, February 28, 2020

Food + Grammar

        I looked into some of the indian foods that seen to have a lot of popularity. Three of the most popular foods made in india are biryani, dosa, and butter chicken. Biryani is a mixed rice dish that can include any kind of meat, eggs, or vegetables. This is probably most popular because it can be made so many different ways. Dosa is a flat thin layered rice batter. It is made with rice and black gram. Also usually has a dash of salt. Butter chicken is a dish of chicken in a mildly spiced tomato sauce.



Image result for biryani
Image result for dosa Image result for butter chicken

2 comments:

  1. Umm... you did your job, at least. I thought it was nice of you to include descriptions of what those foods are made of. It was a little shorter than what I was expecting, hopefully you followed all the guidelines. Anyways, might I suggest you read mine? Our blogs don't have in common, but I think you will gain knowledge by reading mine. Also because I'm your best friend in the whole world and I spent the time commenting on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely did the assignment, so congrats on that I guess. I did notice, however, that in one of your underlined sections you didn't punctuate properly. "This is probably most popular because it can be made so many different ways," needs a comma between "popular" and "because," as it is a compound sentence. While I think it's fine as is when you look past that error, I think it could have benefited from a little more detail, as I left with a very mild idea of these foods. Maybe you could have said "Butter chicken is a dish composed of chicken in lightly spiced tomato sauce. It originated in the 1950s and is made by marinating the chicken in a blend of lemon juice, yogurt, cooking the chicken by either putting it in a tandoor, grilling it, pan-frying it, or roasting it, and serving it with a tomato and onion based sauce that is simmered until it it smooth a much of the water has evaporated." I suggest that you look at my post, as it provides more information about Indian cuisine. I know that you're going to love it, because it Good.

    Bye-bye.

    ReplyDelete