Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Maldives

The Maldives is an island country, located in South Asia. There are many aspects to the Maldivian culture, but the one that seemingly appeals the most to me is the culinary cuisine. The Maldives cuisine is a combination of traditional flavors with strong influences from its neighboring countries, such as India and Sri Lanka. In the past, Maldivians depended on ingredients such as fish, coconuts, breadfruit, millet, and tubers. Over time, with the influence of other people from ancient trade and travel, Maldivian cuisine developed a distinctive blend with its own unique flavors. Today, traditional Maldivian cuisine is based on three main ingredients and their derivatives, namely coconut, fish, and starches containing grains and vegetables. The delicious food shows off a distinct flavor consisting of mild spiciness, delicate sweetness, and an overall exotic taste usually prepared using ancient cooking traditions that have been passed down through the generations. Some examples of popular Maldivian cuisine include Samosa, Mas huni, Garudiya, Chapati, and Sago pudding. In my opinion, Maldivian cuisine is very unique but probably wouldn't fit my taste as well as I'm imagining, maybe because they all seem very exotic I guess. Would you try Maldivian cuisine?

Image result for Maldives food

2 comments:

  1. Hey Qian, the quality of this piece is really good. I really liked the way you describes the food and traditions of the Maldives. I also agree with the fact, that Maldivian cuisine is unique, mysterious, and exotic. The Maldives don't really have that much spicy food, but India does! Maybe you should read Aryan's post about Indian food and learn a bit more about spicy food. I would definitely try this kind of food in my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Qian Yun this post is really good and it has good detail and it tells alot about how unique their food is.I would love to try their food because you described it really well and it made me curious to try the food there.But you should go to Sallys post about Indian food and read it because both Indian food and Maldivian food are unique and they both look really good.But overall I would love to try their food!

    ReplyDelete