Thursday, February 27, 2020

Indian food!


Today’s post is about, drum roll please, INDIA! My parents are from India, so I thought it would be a good idea to find out more about my culture. Some of the food people eat in India are Naan and Panner, Barfi, Chola Butera and many more. A naan recipe involves mixing white or whole wheat flour with active dry yeast, salt, and water. The dough is kneaded for a few minutes, then set aside to rise for a few hours. Once risen, the dough is divided into balls, which are flattened and cooked. Some of my favorite Indian foods are Samosas and Chat. I think the most well known Indian food is Naan because of the wide variety of uses. Which one of these exotic foods would you try?
https://www.budgetbytes.com/naan/ (the link goes to a recipe of how to make Naan and if you scroll down there is a picture)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shriya. I deleted my first comment because I didn't see some mistakes I had made. I thought it was nice that you said what your favorite foods were because it made me wonder what they tasted like, so now I'll have to go to India to try authentic chat. Also, is it spelled with two "a"s or just one because I looked it up and sometimes they spell it with two and now I'm confused? Thanks, Shriya. Anyways, I thought you did a good job. Might I suggest you read mine? I am well aware that I did mine on festivals in Bhutan, but we ARE friends and I was the first to comment on yours, soo...

    ReplyDelete