Monday, May 16, 2016

An Average Train Ride


I wake up in a rush to get to the morning train. I sprint out the door of my cramped apartment, and down the few crowded streets it takes me to get to the train station. I round the bend to the train station to realize in horror that I have arrived very late. My place in line is now at the very back. My feet reach the inside of the train, stepping on the feet of others, but the rest of me is sticking far out of the train. A few men of the staff come to my aid. They roughly shove me into the personal space other passengers. Then they try to jam the door closed. However my jacket, and a few of my fingers are in the way, getting crushed. Suddenly the train takes off, as I dread the over population, and the idea of having to go through this again when my work day ends.


Image result for japan train

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Reading this makes me have the shivers.

    ReplyDelete