Tuesday, May 17, 2016

MOVE OUT MY WAY!

“OW!” I yelled as someone jammed their elbow into my shoulder blade. A tingle traveled down to my wrist.  I tripped over someone's untied shoe laces but didn’t stop trying to get onto this train. Twenty people around me were doing the same. How am I going to make it to work if I can’t squeeze on the last square inch of the space left? The workers started to haul the door shut. At the last second I gave it my all and bulldozed into train. The doors shut behind me. Ten people who couldn’t manage to get on the train would probably get in a lot of trouble for being late to their work. I made it, although the person next to me looked like they were about to hurl from the mobbed train. For me this is an everyday bustle.  I feel a heel stepping on my toe, a sharp zipper in my back, and two elbows jabbing my ribs. Now all  that I can do is wait for twenty more minutes until my stop.
This activity of cramming and shoving onto a train is a twice a day ordeal for people like the one above.  It takes place in Tokyo, Japan. In my opinion this is not right for people to be pushing to get on a train. I bet many people get hurt by getting on this train. The people in charge need to do something about this. Passengers who have to go on it do not have a car and this is their only way to get to work! It needs to be safer. Can you imagine doing this everyday? Do you think this needs to change? How?

1 comment:

  1. I agree this isn't right. How do people get through the day, what would happen if they lived far away and had to travel a long ways on these trains just to reach work. I think Japan's government needs to do something about this. If there were more trains or train stations then maybe this problem wouldn't exist. By adding more trains and more stations it will decrease the number on every train. I wonder how many people they get at one station a day?

    ReplyDelete