Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Coffin or Bed?


After more than 14 hours sitting in a plane, you arrive in Japan and need a place to sleep. Are you feeling a little claustrophobic after seeing more than 127 million people in the country? If not, you might enjoy staying in a capsule hotel. Imagine sleeping in a cardboard box that is barely as big as a the refrigerator in your kitchen.To add to your experience, your sibling is in the box stacked above you. These are closer quarters than the bunk beds you sleep in at home. To get to your “room”, you cram into an elevator the size of a bathtub. You also don’t get your personal bathroom. In fact, you have to go to a different floor to go to the showers. For a less expensive night's sleep, you should try out the 9 Hour Capsule Hotel. As the name says, you stay there for nine hours per day. You get one hour to rest, one hour to shower and seven hours to sleep. No matter what capsule hotel you book, do not expect to get the best night of sleep. Your “door” is a shade you pull down at the end of your capsule and people are walking by all night long. How would you feel in such a cramped place?

2 comments:

  1. How is it that they don't even have a door? I would never be comfortable enough to sleep or be in a place without a locked door. I would imagine how easy it is to get or kidnapped, I would rather sleep in the cardboard box. I feel like it is highly unsafe. But I do have a question, do they you HAVE to sleep 7 hours, do you HAVE to shower for 1 hour, and do you HAVE to rest for 1 hour? I guess maybe I would have just rested for an hour and a half and take a shower for half an hour. Then sleep for 7 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I don't think the capsules are terrible. They seem pretty hype actually. It's like a cute little space for you to sleep in. It would be awesome if I got to experience sleeping in one. I mean it's not everyday that you visit Japan and sleep in a capsule. The thing I don't like is my "door" and that it'll probably break if you pull on it too hard. They should get a nice, better thing to close the capsule. But hey, at least in Japan my pencil case won't be taken. Haha, well that's my opinion. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete