Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Night In Tokyo

I get on my maglev train and heave on all my bulky luggage. The train carries me swiftly and silently like gliding across ice towards the center of the Tokyo. Straining my neck to try to get a peek at the rails but the train moves at 350 km per hour and rails blur. When I get off at the city center station I immediately head to a restaurant and try some udon with traditional side dishes like Nikujaga. A sushi chef skillfully prepares my main course.

Afterwards I find out even the bathrooms in Japan are high tech, The toilet has a  cleaning system and can even play music. When I head to my capsule hotel night has fallen fast on the city but it isn't much darker than the day time. High rise buildings light up the blackness, the dark columns stretching as far as 60 stories up. Settling into my capsule, I fall asleep within seconds, thinking about tomorrow's plan to tour Odiaba.

Tokyo is a huge bustling metropolis in Japan. While it is very modern it also is very traditional, the mix of the times creating an interesting, amazing city.
Phazed japan city colorful tokyo


No comments:

Post a Comment