Thursday, February 25, 2016

MOUNTAIN GORILLAS, MUCH COOLER THAN YOU THINK


The Mountain Gorilla. What creature could be better to talk about. Mountain Gorillas live in California and spend most of their time partying in L.A. Ha, no, I'm just kidding. Obviously they live in forests high in the mountains! Nearly half of them live in Virunga Mountains in Central Africa. Now unfortunately, these gorillas are very endangered. In fact, there's less than 900 left! Yes, it seems like a big number, but just think, what if there were only 900 humans left? Because of humans, disease, war, and other things, there are less gorillas. The more of their territory we occupy, the less home for them. They can weigh more than 400 pounds, so if one sat on me, I'd suffocate and die. One interesting thing is that they are very soft and gentle. When you think gorillas you think they're mad beasts that charge at anyone. NO! They only hurt you if you're disturbing them. Gorillas are pretty cool, so what do you think? Are they cooler than you thought?

Also, Check out this vid!! It's pretty crazy. Immagine if that were YOU!


5 comments:

  1. If a mountain gorrilla sat on me I would actually die! LOL! Yeah, I think the world should worry more about the animals from now on so many animals have been dying from hunting, or their shelter taking out for example by trees, and or diseases. In the video on the blog. I think the gorilla's can be very nice and playful too. I think any animal will be nice and not attack if you kind to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that humans are the main reason mountain gorillas are being endangered. I would hope that eventually more people in the world will realize what these animals are going through and how we're taking their homes. If I were near any gorilla I would try to make it trust me and so it wouldn't attack me. I do think that if more people understand why certain animals attack than it would make it better. Many people hunt endangered species like this because they think that the animals are very harmful and think that they should die. I liked your blog, good job. I think these mountain gorillas are pretty cool. What do you think about what I said?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you. Animals are actually important and aren't as bad as they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your video. I found your blog very interesting. I also thought you gif was adorable, but if an animal that almost weighs half a ton sat in my lap I am positive I will not be able to walk afterwards. The belief of them being violent may because of the loss of their shelter. I would love to just play with a baby gorilla because they are so small and cute. I think that it would be very fun to just watch them go on with their lives. Personally how would you feel if someone tore down your house? That is probably why people believe that they should not be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone tore down my home, I'd be angry, confused, sad, devastated, and I'm sure anyone else would feel the same.

      Delete