Monday, February 29, 2016

A Boy Preventing Lions???

There is a boy named Richard who has found a way to stop lions from killing livestock. First,  he didn't know how to use his tools but he decided to play around with it and found a way to flash lights. Those lights kept the lions away. Why might you ask? The boy noticed that when he used his flashlight, the lions decided that going for him was a risk they were not going to take. The fence around them only covers three sides, which worked for him because he wanted to make something with flashing lights  to make the lions think it is humans. He just used the tools and he figured out a way to make them flash to keep the lions away. Finally, he was put on a show Ted Talks and given a scholarship. What would you use to build a flashing wall?

2 comments:

  1. I think that to build a flashing wall I would use a fence or something wide to build a wall. I also think that Richard had a great idea! I mean while most kids his age would be running away from the problem, Richard decided to take action and control the problem. He really solved a large problem, and he definitely earned that scholarship. What I would like to know is how Ted Talk found this boy. I mean where did they find his story? Anyway, I think this boy definitely earned his spot on Ted Talk, and is a great addition to the other geniuses on Ted Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really amazed at Richard. I can't believe he made a device to keep lions away. I would not be able to make a flashing device with just random things, especially if I was just playing around with the stuff. I am very grateful that he was on Ted Talk because it was such an amazing thing that he did and he should get credit for something that awesome. He should really get praised, good job Olivia.

    ReplyDelete